Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Birthday - Day 5

I have enjoyed sharing with you all the birthday cards I've made recently - pray you've enjoyed this as well....

Today's card is for my sister's birthday.  Hopefully she isn't checking my website....


This one didn't scan well...it's absolutely stunning in real life!

The card base is Whisper White cut at 4.25" x 11, scored at 5.5".  Another layer of Whisper White cut at 4 x 5.25" is run through the BigShot with the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder.  Such an elegant embossing folder....

The centerpiece is cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.  The Whisper White is stamped with the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set leaf.  I stamped the blossom from the same set on a separate piece of Whisper White and then cut them out.  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs stamp set - a great, all purpose set!  I place the flowers - some flat and some popped up with Dimensionals.

The "dangling" sentiment is also from Petite Pairs stamp set, stamped on Whisper White and then punched out with the Large Tag punch. 

Coordinating cardstock was used to back the Apothecary Accents die cut and the Large Tag Punch.  I cut a rectangle out of Pink Pirouette 1/8" larger and then punched a 1" circle out of matching cardstock.  I cut the circle in half and backed the round ends.  The retired Extra Large Tag Punch perfectly matches the Large Tag punch, but if you don't have that one, you can use your paper cutter to make the matching mat.

The bottom Tag punch is accented with the Bitty Butterfly punch and Basic Rhinestones.

I've also made this into a Sympathy Card and a Thinking of You card...just change out the sentiment!

I hope you've enjoyed this week and all the Birthday cards....  Leave some feedback and let me know!

Many Blessings....Cathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment