Monday, April 8, 2013

Happy Birthday - Day 1

Last month was all about birthdays.  In February my family has 9 birthdays...the most of any month and the shortest month.  So when the girls and I got together, we made birthday cards.
 
The first card this week fits so many billets...masculine, military, American!
 
 
 
 
I started off with a card base of Crumb Cake measuring 8.5" x 5.5", scored on the 8.5" side at 4.25".  The center piece of Crumb Cake measures 4.5 x 3.25".  I then ran this piece through the BigShot utilizing the Stripes Embossing Folder.  I like the vertical flow of the lines...reminds me of the Flag!. 


I then used the Stars die to cut the stars out of Night of Navy, Real Red and Whisper White. I then used a retired stamp set to stamp inside the Whisper White star.  The sentiment (Happy Birthday) is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped inside the Real Red star.  I utilized dimensionals to give dimension to the card.  The "striped" Crumb Cake is then mounted on a layer of Real Red, cut 1/8" larger than the Crumb Cake.

I hope this card inspired you....a simple card for the many in your life...a person in the military that you know....or to send to a service member serving abroad. 

Many Blessings....Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment