Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thinking Positive....

After a hot, humid summer in Florida, I'm looking forward to cooler days.  And cooler days means fall...

In honor of fall, I've created this card for my next class.


Isn't this just the cutest card?  It's my take on the Holiday Catalog card on page 32.  I didn't have all the supplies used in that card but I improvised and used what I had.  I started out with Crumb Cake card base at 5 1/2" x 8.5".  I then used the retired Sanded stamp and Early Espresso for a look of texture.  I then tied the 3 1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon in Crumb Cake around the top of the card.  What you see is a simple knot - not a bow.  Then I took So Saffron cardstock and used the rectangle from the Designer Frames Folder and ran it through the Big Shot.  I then trimmed it with the look of a tag on top.  I punched a hole and added Linen Thread and tied it in a bow. 

The wreath is from the Full of Blessings stamp set with Give Thanks from the same set centered in the middle - it fit perfectly!  I colored the image with markers - Raspberry Ripple, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery and Old Olive to color the wreath.  I then cut it out and popped it up with Dimensionals.  I added a bow made from the Raspberry Ripple 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon.  I used the Bow Maker provided by my wonderful roommate from Convention, Darlene.

Isn't it cute?  I love this!  Of course, if you need any of these items, let me know and I'm more than happy to help you out!

Until tomorrow.... Be Blessed - Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment