Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Love Flowers.....


I love flowers and I love to receive them - either in bouquets or on a card.  I love the Bordering on Romance set - such beautiful flowers that can be colored just the right color.  I stamped the flowers on Whisper White with Black StazOn ink and then colored it with a blender pen and Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo and Bashful Blue.  The leaves I colored with Lucky Limeade.  I am no pro and I continue to learn on shading but...practice makes perfect.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  This set is the greatest - covering almost any occasion.  I made this card as a retirement card for a co-worker but you could use any of the phrases from Teeny Tiny Wishes - Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day, Just for You, etc.

When my coloring and stamping was complete, I tied a ribbon around the Whisper White and matted it on Lucky Limeade and again on Whisper White.  Multiple layers gives your project such a professional, finished look.  The layered stack was then popped with Dimensionals onto a card cut at 11" x 4 1/4" and folded in half. 

Or how about this bouquet?


A collection of flowers to brighten any day!  The card base is melon mambo cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".  I then cut a piece of Whisper White at 5" x 3 3/4".  I stamped the flower image from Button Buddies in Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink.  Two of the images I stamped on a separate sheet of Whisper White and then punched them out with the 2 3/8" scalloped punch.  I popped them up with Dimensionals and added matching buttons from the Brights Collection Designer Buttons.  Glue dots do a great job on adhering buttons.  The image is from the Wonderful Mother stamp set.  I believe this sentiment can be used for more than just your Mom.

Of course, if you need assistance with ordering any of these items, leave a comment, send me an e-mail or place an order via this link:http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/gunnyscathy/.  I would love to become your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

As a last note, I had a really cool thing happen today - I was included as an Artist Spotlight on Stampin Sherrill's site  http://latenightstamper-stampandscrap.blogspot.com/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment