Monday, August 13, 2012

Road to Happiness...

When the 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog came out, my first purchase was the Road to Happiness stamp set!  I love the car, the presents, the balloons....the entire set.  It can be used for so many different projects. 

For the Stampin' Up! Convention, I made a "Survival Kit" for each roommate!  I purchased small divided boxes at a local craft store and filled them with tags, post-its and candies of all kinds. 


On the front, I measured the inset space and cut a piece of Real Red cardstock to fit within it then layered a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White and rounded all the corners. I stamped the car in Real Red and used the 3/4" circle punch for the wheels.  Of course, it's all about the details:  I used the Signo White Gel pen to make hubcaps, stamped the presents and the balloons in StazOn black and colored them with a variety of Stampin' Up! markers.  I added "headlights" in Daffodil Delight and created a slight shadow with River Rock.  I then stamped "hello" and "friends" from Tiny Tags, punched them out with the Jewelry Tag punch and then tied a ribbon out of 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.

The Survival Kits turned out great and the roommates really liked them!  The photos isn't that great but it will have to do....until I make more!  That's the great part of creating gifts - you can recreate them again and again and again....

Hope you enjoy this little project.  If you need any of the products shown, I would love to help you with your order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment