Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursdays....

I think it is important to focus on the good things in life rather than the not so good things...that's why I love my Thankful Thursdays post....

Today, I am thankful for little boys....


I made this card with my grandson in mind....he loves to play with his trucks.  One of the really good things is that his Dad, my son, has taken care of the trucks he received when he was a boy and is now sharing them with his son..... I love it!!!

This stamp set, I Dig You was new in 2011-2012 and is already retired....bummer.... But that doesn't stop me from using it!!!  Just because a stamp set is retired doesn't mean you can't use it...as you can see, it stamps right fine!

I started off with a base of Real Red cut at 5 1/5" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4".  I then layered Basic Black cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 4".  On top of this, I used the Real Red large circles from the Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper cut at 5" x 3 3/4". 

The Scalloped Basic Black circle is cut with the Scallop Circle die (retired).  The Whisper White is cut using the 3" Circle die.  I stamped the image from the set I Dig You after I hand colored it in with Real Red and Basic Black Markers.  The presents are another stamp which I placed perfectly, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig!  The Stamp-a-ma-jig is perfect to ensure you get things exactly where you want them!

The sentiment is stamped to the right of a 1" piece of Whisper White.  I bordered the bottom of this 1" strip with Basic Black cut with the Scallop Edge Border.

Sounds complicated but it all came together really quick....

I can hardly wait to share this with the grandson....for which I am THANKFUL!!!

Many Blessings....Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment