Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Love Christmas Week - Day 3

At Christmas time, I try and match the gift to the person.  Hence this card....


I am not usually a "Foo-Foo" type girl and this card is all about foo-foo. But it is stunning - don't you think so?  I used Watercolor Winter stamp set.  You can find this beautiful set in the Holiday Catalog...but only through the end of this month. 

This beautiful stamp set is a "two step" stamp set.  That means there are two images to stamp to make the full image.  One is an outline and the other is the solid.  I hand colored the images with my Stampin' Up! markers.  I used Gumball Green and Primrose Petals.

After I stamped the image, I used the Apothecary Accents Framelits to cut it out.  I then layered it on 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" card in Gumball Green.  The Whisper White layer is 5 1/4" x 4".  The striped paper is from the 2012-2014 In-Color Designer Series Paper Pack.  I used the 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Primrose Petals and wrapped it around the Whisper White.  On top of this I stamped Merry Christmas in Gumball Green and then "flagged" the edges.  To create depth, I folded the ends to create depth.

I truly hope the recipient loves this card as much as I do...

Many Blessings - Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Cathy !! I am your FIRST follower !! Yay !! Drop on over to my blog and follow me back, won't you ?? Cheers !!

    www.catherinelovesstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete