Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So Proud....

Today I am sharing a card I made for my son to celebrate his successful passing of the tests to gain his Commercial Driving License (CDL)!  Not having my CDL, it sounds like the process isn't too easy - a big written test and then the driving portion.  I am so proud of my son!


Isn't this too cute!  The stamp set is retired - Fun on Wheels.  I found this on Ebay and because I have a son and grandson, I thought it would be a great set to add.  It is from Stampin' Up! and is dated 2000.  I searched Stampin' Connection and did not see any samples....so I'm figuring it's pretty rare.  But it was the perfect choice for this card. 

I took three strips of paper, 1 1/2" by 4" and stamped the trucks near the top. Then I took 1/2" strips of black cardstock and used the Signo White Gel Pen and added the stripes.  The Congratulations is stamped on a 1/2" by 4" Whisper White.  All are placed on Real Red.  The fronts of the vehicles is separate from the rear ends....thank goodness for a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!!!

A great card to celebrate a major accomplishment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment