Monday, May 27, 2013

Let Summer Begin....

Whew, May is almost over and I've barely stopped long enough to breathe....and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. 

Since today is Memorial Day, I want to take this opportunity to thank all the Veterans...thank you for serving your country so well!

Today's item is what I call a 9-Square.  This 9-Square celebrates all things summer - from ice cream to kites and since I live on the beach...all things water!

 
I couldn't wait to hang this up!  And the lighting in my kitchen isn't the best...but I think you get a sense of what the 9 square is all about.
 
Sets I've used in this are numerous:  Summer Splash  (surf boards), Sunny Fun (kids, ice cream and flip flops), Up, Up & Away (hot air balloons), Send Me Soaring (kites), Sweet Summer (bee), Button Buddies (flower) and Moving Forward (sail boat).  Most of them are retired but ones I love so I've kept them!  Other items include the Honeycomb and Cloudy Day Embossing Folders and Adorning Accents Edgelets.
 
The letters were cut on my Cricut using Plantin SchoolBook cartridge.  The Serif Essentials Die (retired) letters are almost an exact match.
 
Come back each days as I share other 9-Squares that I've created to decorate my home!
 
Many Blessings....Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment